|Julie's Chicken Bamboodle Soup|| |
- 32 ounces no-salt-added chicken broth
- 1 bunch celery, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cups green beans, sliced
- 2 cans bamboo shoots, drained and rinsed
- 2 bay leaves
- Cayenne, to taste
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken breast
- ½ cup chopped parsley
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- In a large stockpot, combine all ingredients except chicken, parsley and cilantro.
- Bring to a boil and let simmer about 15 minutes until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in the chicken, parsley and cilantro.
- Continue simmering for 5 minutes.
- Before serving, remove the bay leaves.
Try making your own no-salt-added Chicken Broth with our recipe!
This soup recipe was adapted from the Recipe board on the Fat Flush forum.
This recipe can also be made in a slow-cooker! Put all ingredients in the slow-cooker and cook on high for 4 hours, or low for 6 hours.
Remember to include ingredients when calculating daily intake allowances.