|Mediterranean Soup|| |
Recipe type: Entree
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh parsley, chopped
- ¼ cup diced onion
- 4 cups no-salt-added beef broth
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 cup spinach, chopped, packed and well-drained
- Combine the beef, garlic, parsley, and onion together and shape into ½-inch meatballs.
- Brown the meatballs in a nonstick skillet over medium heat until cooked through; set aside.
- In a large pot, combine the broth and carrot and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, add meatballs and simmer covered for about 20 minutes.
- Add the spinach and simmer for 15 more minutes.
- Garnish with fresh garlic, if desired.
Make your own no-salt-added beef broth!
*Note: Remember to include ingredients when calculating daily intake allowances.