|South of the Border Lettuce Wraps|| |
Recipe type: Entree
- Olive oil spray
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, seeded and chopped (any color)
- 1¼ pound lean ground beef (or turkey)
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 teaspoons Shakedown Seasoning
- 8 large lettuce leaves, rinsed
- ¼ cup of salsa
- fresh cilantro
- Spritz a large skillet with the olive oil spray and heat over medium-high heat.
- Saute the onion and pepper until softened.
- Add the ground beef and garlic and continue sauteeing until the beef is cooked through; drain.
- Stir in the Shakedown Seasoning and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Spoon the beef mixture onto the lettuce leaves.
- Top each with 1 tablespoon of salsa, cilantro and green onions (optional).
Make your own Shakedown Seasoning and salsa!
*Note: Remember to include ingredients when calculating daily intake allowances.