|Roasted Garlic|| |
Recipe type: Side Dish
- 4-5 garlic heads (or however many you'd like)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Cut off the heads but leave the cloves in their skins.
- Wrap the bundles in foil and place in the oven for 45 minutes, until the cloves are brown and soft all the way through (poke them with a fork to find out).
*Note: Remember to include ingredients when calculating daily intake allowances.
Suggested ways to enjoy this recipe:
– Mash into a batch of Mashed Cauliflower.
– Place in a saute pan and cook with veggies (spinach, peppers, asparagus, green beans, etc.) as a side dish.
– Place in a saute pan, cooking with herbs and chicken for a main dish.
– Add a clove or two to our Marvelous Mayonnaise recipe for a tasty variation.
– Use in our Homemade Salsa recipe instead of the raw garlic; blend all ingredients in a food processor to fully incorporate.