More than just a flavor boost that warms your taste buds, this spice carries multiple health benefits! Here are some of our favorites:
1. Just 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon a day can lower your LDL (“bad”) cholesterol.
2. It helps keep blood sugar levels in check and increases the amount of insulin your body produces.
3. The spice has antifungal properties, helping your body fight off candida overgrowth.
4. Cinnamon keeps blood platelets from clotting.
5. Honey and cinnamon have been known to relieve arthritis pain.
6. It’s an effective natural remedy for headaches and migraines.
7. Contains antibacterial properties that prevent food spoilage.
8. Offers fiber, calcium, iron, and manganese.
9. Studies show it may reduce proliferation of cancer cells, encouraging hope for prevention and healing.
10. A natural chemical called cinnamaldehyde has shown to improve balance of the progesterone and testosterone hormones.