|1-2-3 Beef Broth|| |
Recipe type: Soup
- 3 pounds beef shank bones
- 1 large onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 quarts purified water
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 3 celery stalks, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 carrot, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 sprigs fresh parsley
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 bay leaves
- Preheat the oven to 450ºF.
- Place the bones and onion in a roasting pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until bones are browned.
- Remove from the oven.
- Place the bones and onion in a large stockpot.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the stockpot and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 3 hours.
- Strain and discard vegetables and bones.
*Note: Remember to include ingredients when calculating daily intake allowances.