|Chicken Stir-Fry with a Touch of Turmeric|| |
- ½ cup no-salt-added chicken broth
- 1 medium onion, cut into ½-inch slices
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into strips
- ½ cup water chestnuts
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- In a large, nonstick skillet, heat the broth over medium heat.
- Add the onion and cook until soft, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and cook until soft, about another 1 minute.
- Add the chicken and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add the water chestnuts, broccoli, cauliflower, and spices; cook until the veggies are tender and the chicken is cooked through, about 6 minutes.
Make your own no-salt-added Chicken Broth using our recipe!
*Note: Remember to include ingredients when calculating daily intake allowances.