|Creole Catch-of-the-Day|| |
Recipe type: Entree
- Olive oil spray
- 4 white-fish fillets (snapper, tilapia, etc.)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (14½-ounce) can no-salt-added chopped tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon cayenne, or to taste
- Spritz large skilled with olive oil spray and heat over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion, green bell pepper and garlic; saute until tender.
- Add tomatoes, vinegar, dried basil and cayenne; bring to a boil.
- Add fillets, spooning tomato mixture over the fish.
- Reduce the heat; cover and let simmer until the fish flakes easily, about 12 minutes.
*Note: Remember to include ingredients when calculating daily intake allowances.