|Eggplant Bake|| |
Recipe type: Entree
- 4 medium eggplants
- 4 medium onions, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 tablespoons no-salt-added chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 8 Roma tomatoes, chopped
- 4 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Roast the eggplants (whole) on a nonstick baking sheet until brown on the outside and soft on the inside (test with a fork); about 30 minutes.
- Cool, peel, and mash the pulp.
- In a large, nonstick skillet or wok, saute the onions and garlic in the broth for about 20 minutes until soft.
- Stir in the mashed eggplant, turmeric and cumin and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the parsley and stir.
Make your own no-salt-added chicken broth using our recipe!
*Note: Remember to include ingredients when calculating daily intake allowances.