|Eggplant Salad|| |
Recipe type: Side Dish
- 2 eggplants
- 1 garlic clove
- 4 tablespoons flaxseed oil
- 1 tomato, diced
- 2 tablespoons onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Place eggplants on a nonstick baking dish and bake for about 1 hour.
- Cool, peel and dice the eggplant; set aside.
- In the meantime, rub a salad bowl with the garlic clove and discard the clove.
- Place diced eggplant in a large bowl and add the flaxseed oil, tomato, onion, and parsley.
- Sprinkle the vinegar over the mixture and toss well.
- Chill before serving.
Try adding your favorite vegetables to this dish! (Sauteed mushrooms, peppers, and squash work well!)
*Note: Remember to include ingredients when calculating daily intake allowances.