|Old Fashioned Crockpot Chili|| |
Recipe type: Entree
- 2 onions, sliced
- 1 cup bell peppers, chopped
- 1¼ pounds lean ground meat (beef or turkey)
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 (6-ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- Cayenne, to taste
- 1 bay leaf
- Place the onions and bell peppers in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Place the meat over the onions and bell peppers.
- Place the mushrooms and celery on top of the ground meat.
- In a small bowl, mix together the remaining ingredients and pour over the meat and vegetables.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours (or on high for 4 to 5 hours).
- About 45 minutes prior to serving, use a wooden spoon to break apart the meat, if needed.
- Remove and discard the bay leaf before serving.