|Garlicky Chicken Casserole|| |
Recipe type: Entree
- 4 (5-ounce) chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 2 cups no-salt-added chicken broth
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 2½ red bell peppers, chopped
- 2 zucchini, sliced
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 12 black olives, sliced or chopped
- 2 (8-ounce) cans low-sodium tomato sauce
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Handful of fresh cilantro, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium pot, simmer chicken breasts in the broth; poach until cooked and tender.
- Shred the cooked chicken into bite-size pieces.
- Place the chicken, onion, bell pepper, zucchini, garlic, olives, and lemon juice in a medium casserole dish and mix well.
- Cover and bake in the oven for 45 minutes.
- Stir tomato sauce into the casserole and return to the oven for 20 minutes uncovered.
- Mix in the cilantro and serve.
Make your own no-salt-added chicken broth!
*Note: Remember to include ingredients when calculating daily intake allowances.