|Gina's Tomatillo Salsa|| |
Recipe type: Condiment
- 3 large tomatoes, halved
- 4 tomatillos, halved
- 1-2 jalapenos, chopped
- ½ medium green bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
- 6 green onions, coarsely chopped (white part only)
- ⅓ cup cilantro, or to taste
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- Juice from 1 lime, or to taste
- Grill the tomatoes and tomatillos over medium heat until skin is charred and flesh is soft, about 10 minutes.
- Remove and let cool, then coarsely chop.
- Place jalapenos, green peppers, garlic, green onions and cilantro into food processor; pulse briefly to combine.
- Add apple cider vinegar and lime juice to food processor; pulse until well mixed.
- Add tomatoes and tomatillos; pulse until salsa reaches desired consistency.
Taken from the Recipe board on the Fat Flush forum!