|Gingered Asparagus|| |
Recipe type: Side Dish
- 1 pound asparagus spears, washed and dried
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh parsley, chopped
- ¼ cup no-salt-added chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed oil (optional)
- In a medium-sized bowl, toss the asparagus with ginger, garlic, and parsley.
- Let stand for at least 20 minutes.
- In a nonstick skillet, bring the broth to a boil
- Add the asparagus and herbs and lower the heat.
- Saute until the spears are tender; about 12 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and place on a serving dish.
- Drizzle with the lemon juice and flaxseed oil.
Make your own no-salt-added chicken broth using our recipe!
*Note: Remember to include ingredients when calculating daily intake allowances.