|Herb n Veggie Soup|| |
Recipe type: Entree
- Olive oil spray
- 1 can (15 oz.) pinto, garbanzo, or black beans, rinsed and drained
- ½ large onion, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 small zucchini, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh sage, chopped
- 32 ounces low-sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1 can (14 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups chopped baby spinach leaves
- In a small bowl, mash half of the beans with a masher or the back of a spoon and set aside.
- Spritz a large pot with olive oil spray and heat over a medium-high setting.
- Add the onion, carrots, celery, zucchini, garlic thyme, sage and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add the broth and tomatoes (with the juice) and bring to a boil.
- Add the beans (mashed and whole) and the spinach leaves.
- Cook until the spinach is wilted, about 3 minutes more.
Make your own low-sodium chicken or vegetable broth!
*Note: Remember to include ingredients when calculating daily intake allowances.