|Persian Meatball & Vegetable Skewers|| |
Recipe type: Entree
- 1¼ pounds lean ground beef (do not use extra lean)
- 1 large egg
- 3 green onions, minced
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 1 orange bell pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 onion
- ½ pound mushrooms (button or cremini)
- 8 (10- to 12-inch) skewers, soaked in water for about 30 minutes
- In a large bowl, mix together the ground beef, egg, green onions, parsley, cilantro, spices, garlic, and tomato sauce.
- Form the beef mixture into sixteen equal-size oval meatballs.
- Cut the peppers and onion into chunks, approximately 1 inch across.
- Alternate the meatballs and vegetables on the skewers- 4 meatballs to a skewer.
- Grill until the meatballs are cooked through and the vegetables are slightly charred.
The meatballs and vegetables can also be cooked without skewers in a grill pan in the boiler, or in a skillet on the stove.
Remember to include ingredients when calculating daily intake allowances.