|Roasted Peppers with Garlic|| |
Recipe type: Sides
- 4 large bell peppers (red, orange or yellow), halved, seeded and membranes removed
- 8 garlic cloves
- 2 cups purified boiling water
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed oil
- ½ cup parsley, chopped
- ½ cup scallions, chopped
- Preheat the broiler.
- Broil the peppers on a nonstick baking sheet, turning often until the skin has browned.
- Remove the peppers and set aside in a paper bag for about 15 minutes.
- Peel the skin from the peppers and cut into long, thin strips; dry thoroughly with paper towels.
- Place the garlic in a bowl with boiled water for 15 minutes; cool and remove the skins.
- Place the garlic, oil, parsley, and scallions in a blender and blend to make a paste.
- Toss the paste with peppers and refrigerate for at least 1 our before serving.
*Note: Remember to include ingredients when calculating daily intake allowances.