|Shepherd's Pie|| |
Recipe type: Entree
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon cayenne, or to taste
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 small carrots, grated
- 12 black olives, chopped
- Handful of fresh cilantro
- 1 (8-ounce) can no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 1 (14-ounce) can no-salt-added diced tomatoes
- 2 cups Mashed Cauliflower
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large, nonstick skillet, brown the ground beef, onion and garlic.
- When the beef is nearly done, add red pepper, mushrooms, cayenne, onion powder, and garlic powder.
- When the beef is cooked thoroughly, transfer to a large casserole dish.
- Add carrots, olives, tomato sauce, and diced tomatoes to the casserole dish and mix.
- Spread mashed cauliflower over the top.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Place under broiler for another 3 minutes or until browned on top.
Here’s our recipe for Mashed Cauliflower!