|Shrimp Creole|| |
Recipe type: Entree
- 8 ounces shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 tablespoons no-salt-added vegetable broth
- 3 green onions (white parts only), thinly sliced
- ½ cup celery, thinly sliced
- ½ green pepper, diced
- ½ red pepper, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can no-salt-added tomato sauce
- ½ cup filtered water
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley, chopped
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Warm the broth in a nonstick skillet over low-medium heat.
- Add the green onions, celery, green and red pepper, and garlic; saute until tender.
- Add the tomato sauce, water, parsley, and cayenne; simmer uncovered for 20 minutes.
- Add the shrimp and stir; bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and cover.
- Let simmer for 15-20 minutes or until the shrimp are done.
Makes 2 servings
Make your own no-salt-added vegetable broth!
*Note: Remember to include ingredients when calculating daily intake allowances.