|Shrimp Ratatouille|| |
Recipe type: Entree
- Olive oil spray
- 1 pound large shrimp, shelled and cleaned
- 1 (28-ounce) can low-sodium chopped tomatoes
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 medium eggplant, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 zucchini, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- Cayenne, to taste (optional)
- Spritz a heavy pot with olive oil spray and heat over medium.
- Add the onion and garlic, and cook until translucent.
- Add the eggplant, zucchini and bell peppers; cook for about 5 minutes
- Add the thyme, tomatoes and cayenne (if using).
- Reduce heat to low and let simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Spritz a large skillet with olive oil and add the shrimp.
- Cook for about 2 minutes on each side.
- Add the shrimp to the vegetables and stir to combine.