|Simple Tomato Sauce|| |
Recipe type: Entree
- Olive oil spray
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (28-ounce) cans whole tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 3 tablespoons of tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- Spritz a large pot with the olive oil spray and heat over a medium setting.
- Add the onion and garlic and saute until soft, about 7 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients and cook uncovered, stirring occasionally until thickened, about 30 minutes.
Try this recipe over some spaghetti squash for a classic dish, made Shakedown-friendly!
*Note: Remember to include ingredients when calculating daily intake allowances.