|Spaghetti Squash with Meat Sauce|| |
Recipe type: Entree
- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 (16-ounce) can tomato puree
- 1 teaspoon ground fennel
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Cut the spaghetti squash in half, lengthwise, and scoop out the seeds.
- Place the cut side down on a baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes.
- When the squash is cooked, use a fork to remove the flesh inside that forms spaghetti-like strands.
- While the squash is cooking, mix the beef, onion and mushrooms together in a skillet and cook over medium heat.
- Add the tomato puree, fennel, and garlic and mix well.
- Toss the spaghetti strands with the sauce.
Make your own Shakedown-friendly Simple Tomato Sauce with our recipe!
You can also leave out the meat in the sauce and serve with Tasty Turkey Meatballs!