|Stuffed Cabbage|| |
- 8 large cabbage leaves, washed
- ¼ cup leaks, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated (or 1 pinch of dried ginger)
- ½ pound ground lean beef
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 2 cups no-salt-added beef broth
- 8 toothpicks
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- In a large pot, cook the cabbage leaves in boiling water until soft enough to be used as wrapping.
- Gently remove the cabbage from the hot water with a slotted spoon, refresh in cold water, pat dry.
- In a medium skillet, saute the leeks, ginger, beef, and garlic until the beef is cooked through.
- Add the egg to the meat and mix thoroughly to form the filling.
- spoon the filling onto each cabbage leaf; fold and roll the leaf over the filling tightly and secure with a toothpick. (Continue until all the filling has been used.)
- Arrange the cabbage rolls in the skillet; add the broth and let simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
Make your own no-salt-added Beef Broth with our recipe!
*Note: Remember to include ingredients when calculating daily intake allowances.