|Zesty Green Beans|| |
Recipe type: Side Dish
- Olive oil spray
- 6 cups fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 large red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon fresh lemon zest
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Steam the green beans in a large pot until crisp and bright green, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, pat dry and place in a casserole dish.
- Spritz a large skillet with the olive oil spray and saute the onion, garlic, thyme and basil until the onions become translucent, about 10 minutes.
- Add the mixture to the green beans and mix well.
- Add the lemon juice and lemon zest.
- Cover and bake for 15 minutes.
*Note: Remember to include ingredients when calculating daily intake allowances.