|1-2-3 Salsa Chicken (Slow Cooker)|| |
Recipe type: Entree
- 1 (6-pound) chicken, neck and giblets removed
- 1 (16-ounce) jar medium-hot salsa
- Place the chicken in a large slow cooker.
- Pour the entire jar of salsa over the chicken and cover.
- Cook on high for 1 hour.
- Turn the heat down to low and cook for 3-4 hours, or until the chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- Transfer the chicken from the slow cooker to a cutting board, reserving the salsa; carve the chicken as desired.
- Garnish with salsa.
Make your own Shakedown-friendly salsa!
*Note: Remember to include ingredients when calculating daily intake allowances.