|Kale with Peppers and Garlic|| |
Recipe type: Side Dish
- 1 cup no-salt-added vegetable broth
- 2 medium red bell peppers, sliced
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 pound chopped kale, washed and stems removed
- 1 garlic cloves, minced
- Lemon (optional)
- Heat ½ cup vegetable broth over medium-high heat.
- Add red bell pepper and jalapeno and saute until tender; about 3 minutes.
- Add chopped kale and the remaining broth; cover.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and cook until tender; about 10 minutes, stirring only once or twice.
- Stir in the garlic and increase heat to medium and cook uncovered until most of the liquid evaporates.
- Squeeze lemon juice over top before serving. (optional)
Make your own no-salt-added vegetable broth using our recipe!
*Note: Remember to include ingredients when calculating daily intake allowances!