Fiber is an important part of a healthy diet, but it is especially helpful if weight loss is your goal.
There are two types: insoluble and soluble fiber. Insoluble fiber soaks up water in your system, to expand like a sponge and sweep waste out of the body as it moves through your intestinal tract. Soluble fiber does dissolve in your system, forming a thick gel which traps fat and sugar components of the food you eat, preventing your body from absorbing them.
Here are 12 of the most fibrous Shakedown-friendly foods around!
1. Cauliflower: also offers vitamin C and folate.
2. Broccoli: is also high in iron, vitamins A and C, potassium, and folic acid.
3. Brussels Sprouts: also provide vitamins A, C and K, folate, and potassium.
4. Mushrooms: also contain good amounts of selenium, potassium, and B vitamins.
5. Kale: is also high in vitamins A and C, calcium, lutein, and iron.
6. Raspberries: also offer phytonutrients, manganese, vitamin C and B vitamins.
7. Strawberries: also provide high amounts of vitamin C, potassium, vitamin K and magnesium.
8. Pears: also contain good amounts of vitamins C and K, boron, and folic acid.
9. Apples: is also high in vitamin C, calcium, potassium, and B vitamins.
10. Oranges: also offer carotenoids, potassium, vitamin C and polyphenols.
11. Chia seeds: also provide omega-3 fatty acids, calcium, magnesium, and phosphorus.
12. Flaxseeds: also contain omega-3 fatty acids, potassium, iron, and magnesium.