|Asparagus Puree Soup|| |
Recipe type: Soup
- 1 pound asparagus spears, trimmed and blanched
- ½ cup plus 2½ cups no-salt-added vegetable broth
- ½ onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- Pinch of dried mustard
- Lemon zest, to taste
- In a large saucepan, saute the asparagus, onion, and garlic in ½ cup broth until the onion is tender.
- Transfer the mixture to a food processor or blender.
- Add the remaining broth and puree until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a pot, cover and let simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the mustard and lemon zest.
- Serve immediately.
Makes 4 servings
Make your own no-salt-added Vegetable Broth.
*Note: Remember to include ingredients when calculating daily intake allowances.