|Crockpot Jambalaya|| |
Recipe type: Soup
- 5 cups no-salt-added chicken broth
- 4 bell peppers (red, orange, yellow, or green), chopped
- 1 (14-oz) can of diced tomatoes
- 1 onion, chopped
- 10 oz frozen okra
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced
- 3-4 tablespoon Rajin' Cajun Seasoning
- Combine the chicken broth, peppers, tomatoes, onion, okra, garlic, chicken, and Rajin' Cajun Seasoning in the crockpot.
- Cook on low for 6 hours (or high for 4 hours).
- Add the shrimp to the crockpot in the last 15-20 minutes.
Try adding different vegetables such as zucchini, asparagus, or mushrooms. You can also add different varieties of seafood depending on what is fresh at your local grocery store.
*Note: Remember to include ingredients when calculating daily intake allowances.