|Roasted Chicken & Vegetables|| |
Recipe type: Entree
- 4-6 chicken pieces (breasts, legs, thighs, etc)
- 6 Roma tomatoes, cut into quarters and seeded
- 3 medium zucchini or squash, cut into chunks
- 1 medium onion, cut into chunks
- 1 cup no-salt-added chicken broth
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 lemons (zest and juice 1 lemon, slice the other)
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Put the vegetables in a large baking pan with ½ cup of chicken broth, and toss to coat.
- Arrange the chicken in the pan with the vegetables.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining ½ cup of chicken broth, garlic, lemon juice and lemon zest.
- Pour the broth mixture over the chicken and rub into the meat.
- Put the chicken and vegetables in the oven and cook for 30 minutes.
- Stir the vegetables and add the rosemary and lemon slices.
- Return to the oven and cook until the chicken is done and the vegetables are tender and beginning to brown, about 20 to 30 minutes.
Make your own no-salt-added Chicken Broth with our recipe!
*Note: Remember to include ingredients when calculating daily intake allowances.