|Five Spice Beef and Vegetable Saute|| |
Recipe type: Entree
- ½ cup no-salt-added Beef Broth
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 pepper, sliced (red, yellow, or green)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 small zucchini, cut into ¼-inch slices
- 1 pound lean beef (or turkey)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon cayenne
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 (14½-ounce) can low-sodium diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- Handful fresh cilantro, chopped
- Heat the broth in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onion, green pepper, garlic and zucchini and saute until soft.
- Transfer the vegetables to a plate and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add the beef, cumin, cayenne, and turmeric until the beef is cooked through.
- Add the cooked vegetables, diced tomatoes, and tomato paste to the skillet.
- Heat through and add cilantro before serving.
Make your own no-salt-added Beef Broth!
*Note: Remember to include ingredients when calculating daily intake allowances.