|Stuffed Tomatoes with Tuna Salad|| |
Recipe type: Entree
- 4 (6-ounce) cans of tuna in water, drained and rinsed
- 4 tablespoons flaxseed oil
- 1 cup celery, finely chopped
- ½ cup onion, finely minced
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- 4 medium tomatoes
- Mix the tuna, flaxseed oil, celery, onion and turmeric together.
- Cut off the top of the tomatoes, about ¼ of the way down and save the tops.
- Scoop out the pulp, drain and stuff with the tuna salad.
- Replace the top of the tomatoes.
Variations: Swap the tuna for salmon or mackerel. Swap the tomatoes with red bell peppers. Try adding sliced eggs in your tuna salad!
*Note: Remember to include ingredients when calculating daily intake allowances.