|Warm Asparagus & Mushrooms|| |
Recipe type: Side Dish
- 1 pound fresh asparagus spears, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon no-salt-added vegetable broth
- 4 cups mushrooms, thinly sliced
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 2-4 tablespoons flaxseed oil
- Prepare the asparagus by gently bending the stalk until it snaps.
- Discard the bottom half and slice the rest on the diagonal.
- Steam the asparagus for about 5-6 minutes until crisp but tender; set aside.
- Heat the broth, mushrooms, onion, and garlic in a nonstick skillet, cooking until soft.
- Add the asparagus and drizzle with lemon juice; stir to combine.
- Heat over low-medium until the asparagus is warmed through.
- Remove from the skillet onto serving platters and allow to cool.
- Drizzle ½ to 1 tablespoon flaxsee oil over each serving at room temperature.
Makes 4 servings
Make your own no-salt-added Vegetable Broth.
*Note: Remember to include ingredients when calculating daily intake allowances.