|Shrimp Ceviche|| |
Recipe type: Salad
- ½ pound raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 cup cucumber, peeled and diced
- ½ cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- Fill a pot with water and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Add the shrimp and boil until cooked through, about 3 minutes; remove from the water and set aside.
- When the shrimp has cooled, chop into bite-size pieces and place in a large bowl.
- Add lemon juice, lime juice, cucumber, onion, and jalapeno to the bowl; toss to coat and refrigerate for about 1 hour.
- Add tomato and cilantro to the shrimp mixture; toss to combine.
You could also prepare the shrimp using our Fiery Shrimp Skewer recipe!
*Note: Remember to include ingredients when calculating daily intake allowances.